Free import (by adults only):
1. tobacco products (no limitations for diplomats): 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 100 grammes of tobacco;
2. 1 litre of liquor;
3. a reasonable quantity of perfume;
4. personal goods up to a value of USD 250.- per passenger or USD 1,000.- per family.
(Video) cameras, portable radio cassette recorder, binoculars and sport equipment may be imported by tourists provided also exported upon departure.
Passengers not entering on a tourist visa have to pay duties for photo and film cameras unless this equipment is registered in their passport by the Indonesian Customs on former occasion. Importation of electronic equipment is not permitted at all. Film pre-recorders, video tapes, video laser disc, records and computer software must be screened by censor board.
Chinese medicines and printings, narcotics, firearms and ammunition, pornography, fresh fruit, cordless telephone are not permitted except for those holding licence.
Prohibited are any commercial or merchandised goods as part of baggage. Infringements will be charged IDR 25,000.- per piece. The use of cardboard boxes as baggage must be dissuaded.
Free export permitted of 1000 gr. of tobacco or 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes for persons of 21 years and older, less than 2 litres of alcoholic beverages in opened bottles and personal goods up to a value of IDR 1,000,000.-.
Same regulations as for passengers apply.
Due to rabies outbreak, the import of pets into Indonesia has been suspended until further notice. For further information please refer to the Directorate General of Livestock Service, Directorate of Animal Health, at Gedung C. Lantai 9, Jl. Harsono RM-Ragunan-Jakarta Selatan. Phone: +62-021-7810090, 021-7815783.
Applicable to the airports "Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai" (DPS), "Soekarno Hatta Int'l" (CGK) and "Polania" (MES): baggage must be cleared at first airport of entry or first transit.
Exempt: baggage of passengers transiting Indonesia with a destination outside of Indonesia.
Airport Tax is levied on passengers as follows:
a. International flights departing from:
- CGK, DPS, SUB: IDR 150,000.-;
- BTJ: IDR 115,000.-;
- HLP: IDR 80.000.-;
- AMI, AMQ, BIK, BPN, BTH, JOG, MDC, MES, SOC, TIM, UPG: IDR 75,000.-;
- BDO, PDG, PKU, PLM, PNK: IDR 60,000.-;
- KOE, TNJ: IDR 50,000.-;
b. Domestic flights (10% VAT will be added to charge) departing from:
- CGK: IDR 40,000.-
- DPS: IDR 30,000.-;
- all other airports vary from IDR 13,000.- to IDR to 30,000.-.
Place of payment: Airport of departure.
1. Children under 2 years, provided not occupying a seat in the aircraft.
2. Transit passengers in possession of through tickets and continuing their journey the same day (not applicable in Jakarta unless passengers stay within customs area/ transit room).
3. Officials on duty - with a travel order - of the Directorate General of Air Communications.
4. Official guests of the Indonesian government.
5. Crew members.
Fiscal Tax of IDR 2,500,000.- is levied on all passengers of any age travelling abroad.
Place of Payment: Airport of departure.
1. Those (incl. nationals of Indonesia) who live abroad permanently and who have either stayed in Indonesia less than 6 months and/ or have not undertaken any business activities in Indonesia (the latter exemption is valid only once in any 12 months' period).
2. Nationals of Indonesia being air/sea crew and travelling on duty.
3. Diplomatic or consular officials of foreign states and their dependants (provided not conducting business or profession).
Same regulations as for Export apply. See: Export.
Local currency (Indonesian Rupiah-IDR): up to IDR 5,000,000.-, must be declared to customs.
For amounts up to IDR 100,000,000.- a form of the Central Bank should be filled out.
Amounts exceeding IDR 100,000,000.- require an approval from the Central Bank or External Affairs. Approval can be obtained from the headquarters of the Central Bank in Jakarta, local branches or Indonesian representatives abroad. Violation will result in heavy fines.
Foreign currencies: amounts exceeding the equivalent of IDR 100,000,000.- (approx. USD 11,000.-) must be declared.